Experience the “WOW” Factor!
“Wow!” That’s what many say who try on a pair of Spira shoes for the first time. People can usually feel the difference right away thanks to Spira’s unique and patented WaveSpring® technology.
The “mechanical” cushioning system can help you do more, go farther, go harder, with less stress on your feet and joints. Think of our technology as “little shock absorbers” for your body. Whether you stand, walk, jog, run, exercise at the gym or take pleasure in leisure activities, Spira can help make all more comfortable and enjoyable.
Not all springs are created equal.
Coil Spring versus WaveSpring®
Of course, the idea of a spring in a shoe is not new. Wile E. Coyote had to learn the hard way because traditional coil springs do have their limitations. But our patented “crest to crest” WaveSpring® design is different; it has many little “leaf” springs combined into one larger spring, all working together in perfect harmony to create a powerful cushioning and energizing experience. This is serious equipment for your feet!
- Coil springs are laterally unstable. Shoes require a stable platform to function properly. However, the WaveSpring® with its unique design has significantly less lateral movement which makes it more stable.
- Coil springs have to be tall to provide significant deflection and energy return in a small space. Placing coil springs in a traditional shoe midsole is a challenge because space is limited. The WaveSpring® is compact and gives optimum deflection and energy return in a small space.
More Benefits of Spira’s WaveSpring® Technology
- One size does not fit all. The WaveSpring® is engineered based upon the size of the shoe. For example, there is a different size spring for a woman who wears a size 6 shoe versus a man who wears a size 15. The springs fit just right in the appropriate sized midsole.
- Different spring configurations and sizes for activities. WaveSprings are specifically designed to meet the needs of higher impact activities like running, jumping, dance, aerobics, treadmills and fitness training. The springs are also designed for lower impact activities such as walking or standing. Depending on the activity and your cushioning preference, the shoe can have one, two or three WaveSprings.
- WaveSpring® keeps its cushioning from the first day to the last. All of us have experienced the wonderful sensation of putting on a really well cushioned pair of shoes. But how long does the feeling last? Unlike traditional EVA and foam materials for shoes, the WaveSpring® is mechanical and won’t lose its comfortable and cushioned feel over time, helping to lower the risk of injury, pain and fatigue during activities.